Saturday, December 27

Top 10 Fragrances for 2014

I have received an email form Fragrantica and here is their list of top 10 fragrances for men and women for 2014.



I agree with the readers and voters in the website except that I am not a fan of the THIERRY MUGLER franchise.  Although, I have to admit that Angel has gone so classic it is already trickled down to fabric conditioner fragrance.  A*Men franchise is also too strong already that it has a woody incarnation. Most likely this one is for the Middle Eastern market.

I am excited for Tom Ford and the simplicity of its offering. I can somehow compare it to Jo Malone collection but with more prestige because of the Tom Ford brand.  I am happy to see it in number one.

The common staples in women fragrances - D&G, Escada, Christian Dior - are expected to be always liked and I am not surprised to see them there.  The fragrance signatures are so safe and yet still very exciting every time they come out with new flankers.

I have always been a believer of Narciso Rodriguez and Ellie Saab fragrances. I think they just need some marketing push to hit the level of awareness of D&G, CK and Boss.  And I think every woman should have this in their fragrance collection.

In the men's list, I have to admit that I am still happy to see Bleu De Chanel in it, which I have reviewed in 2011.  I will always be a fan however CK1-ish its status has become (fragrance for all) in the fragrance world.

Hermes is great. It's the next fragrance a man should have in his collection after the usual Christian Dior, Bleu De Chanel, and Boss fragrances. It's a departure from the tried-and-tested fougere formula of popular fragrances and its very classic citrus will always be in season.

I will be giving you a roundup of the other fragrances that are noteworthy for this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 T On Things